Email account setup in Microsoft Outlook 2007-2010
This tutorial will help you to configure Microsoft Outlook 2007-2010 for your cPanel email account.
1) To create a new account in Outlook, first go to the tab File > Account Settings menu
2) Click on New in the next window
3) Choose the option ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and click on Next
4) Choose Internet E-mail and click on Next
5) Enter the following settings in the corresponding fields:
Your Name: the name of your account in Outlook
E-mail Address: full email address
Account Type: select IMAP or POP3 from the drop-down menu
Incoming mail server: the name of the server your hosting account is located on
Outgoing email server: the name of the server your account is located on, the same as the incoming server
User Name: full email address
Password: password for this email account
Please make sure that the option ‘Require logon using Secure Password Authentication ( SPA )’ is unchecked.
6) Click More Settings
7) Go to the tab Outgoing Server and check-mark the option ‘My outgoing server ( SMTP ) requires authentication ‘
8) Now go to the tab Advanced and enter the following ports:
Incoming server ( if are using IMAP ): 993 port for SSL, 143 for TLS.
Incoming server ( if you are using POP3): 995 port for SSL, 110 for TLS.
Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 port for SSL, 26/587 port for TLS.
9) Click on Ok to return to the main window.
10) Click Test Account Settings to check if everything entered is correct.
If it is, you will see the statuses‘Completed’
11) If the test was successful, you can now click Close to get back to the previous window.
Then click on Next to finish the setup.
This is it!